Friday, August 24, 2007

I'm Bringing Sexy Back, Yeah!

Today's Thought: "I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt. So sexy it hurts" - Right Said Fred


Just this week, I've started the habit of going out (of office and back home) for lunch. We have 1.5hrs lunch break and its the envy of most partners from KL (but only before I mention that we have Saturday half-day work). Yep, that's the sad consequence of it. I'd rather enjoy a lazy Saturday morning and wake up a bit late than usual than to go to office and work for a few hours.

But anyway, I find this new habit invigorating. I do not usually go out but rather, pack my lunch food to office. It's too hot and traffic is bad during this time. You gotta understand that tinted cars are only for royals so imagine the heat of a 12noon sunshine. But it's been raining lately or atleast a bit cloudy so the weather is tolerable than usual.

Driving back, stuck in round-about traffic, the radio played a Barry White song. I forgot the title already (not a big fan) but I like it when the character John Cage sings it to himself to feed his confidence and ego. The voice (Barry's I mean) is just way too sexy. As the music ended, I thought of all the songs that exudes the same kind of effect - making u feel sexy! Here's my list so far.

Sexual healing - Marvin Gaye **Everything about it screams for some getting it on action but what I love about it is the rhythm, pasimple kasi. Totally contradictory to the cries of urgency of the lyrics (walang biro!)

Pure shores - All Saints **Leonardo di Caprio, the Beach - Need I say more?

Diggin On You - TLC **It's exactly what I'd want to say to a guy I'd cruise in a club, hehe

When I first Saw You - Jamie foxx **It's exactly what I'd want the guy I'm cruising in a club say to me, hehe

Say It Right, Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado **Have you seen the video? - hot!

Red Light, Do it to Me - Usher **Makes me wanna be with Usher, lol

Sexy Love - Ne-Yo **Uncomplicated rhythm

Too Close - Next **For the hot guy in the club, hehe

Let Me Blow Ya Mind - Eve & Gwen Stefani **Everthing is sexy in this song

Rock Your Body, Senorita - Justin Timberlake **Justin gyrating to his songs, lets parrty!!!

Shake that Thing, Temparature - Sean Paul **It's gives me that Boracay beach party feeling, haay, sana maulit

Beautiful Liar/Bello Embustero - Shakira & Beyonce **Seen than video - my gosh! If only my belly dance class would make me dance like that, lol

The Way I Are - Timbaland **Super pa-cool, love it!

Get Your Number, It's Like That - Mariah Carey **Back with a vengeance and rightly so since she has talent (in singing). Just stay away from movies sistah.

Control Myself - LL Cool J & Jlo - **Another awesome video, love her make up and love fafa LL. Don't think I can control myself if he sings this one to me (dream on, as if!)

The Way You Move - Big Boi **My ringback tone. Super love this song!

Get Low - Lil Jon, Ying Yang Twins **Yes, I'll get low **wink-wink**

Push The Button, Too Lost In You - Sugababes ** Candy tunes but I was/got too lost in you, hahaha.

My Boo - Usher & Alicia Keys **How many weeks did this stay on top (of the charts)? The collaboration is just so perfect.

Tonight Your Mine - 7 Shots **Way to go OPM! I like the group better than Ja Rule during Ja Rules concert, hahaha.

And for sheer Girl Power, I have high respect for these girls and their songs:
The Wreckers - Leave The Pieces
Sandi Thorn - I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker
Amy Winehouse - Rehab
Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
Sheryl Crow - All I Wanna Do
Dixie Chicks - Not Ready To Make Nice
Macy Gray - I try
Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On
Joss Stone - Super Duper Love
Rihanna - Shut Up And Drive


Ganyan kahaba ang traffic. And the very few radio stations played local music na so I just turned off my car radio (low tech, walang CD player) and sang to myself. Ang nagagawa nga naman ng gutom.

No comments: