Monday, August 20, 2007

Audio Slave

Today's Thought: "There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies but just as much to stand up to our friends." - Dumbledore, HP1

T'was almost 2AM Sunday morning. I was sure that I looked as pale as Snape and my eyes had long since abandon any glimmer of light (in short, naka eye cap). Yet I laid wide awake listening to every word of the storyteller. I will forever be fascinated with the world of Harry Potter. I have read all the books including the most recent and last book (waahh, but I am happy with the ending though I thought either Harry, Hermoine or Ron will die when J.K. said 2 major characters will die in the book). And now, thanks to my friend, I have the audio book copy of all 6 books! Yahoo!!! So even if I do my chores, take a bath, or ANYTHING at all, I can hear Harry Potter. I've finished books 1& 2 and starting with book 3. Stephen Covey will have to take a back seat on this one.

My first encounter with audio books was with 'the Vinci Code'. I love the book, the movie was blah, and the audiobook - well it sucks. All characters sounded old, like 50ish. I have nothing agaist old folks but it's just so unbelievable. How can you possibly imagine a 50 year old Robert Langdon and Sophie Neveu raising their hearts out trying to outrun a monster like Silas and the rest of the antagonists in the book? But I stayed with the story and finished it, fought off the age in my mind. I also stayed in the movies because I was hoping I'll get my money's worth and that at least the ending won't disappoint me. But of course, it failed in comparison with the book.


Next audio book is 'Anne Frank - The Diary of a Young Girl'. I wasn't able to read the book nor watch the film but I've always wanted to. Everytime I go to National Bookstore or Powerbooks, I always managed to find it and checked if it's on discount which more than twice it was but ended up buying PugadBaboy or ZsahZsah Zaturnnah or Bob Ong's books. I'd go for funny ones anytime, hehe. Imagine the fun it will be if there are audio books of these? To hear Ada's, Didi's and Aling Britney's super churvang punchlines and the Amazonistas' combat formation? To listen to the whole Pugab Baboy gang talk about everything and anything under the sun? Gold mines I tell yah. Gold mines.

Sidenote: The title is a tribute to the band Audioslave (I love you!!!). Check out their video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s56RlF_D6DE

2 comments:

..JL said...

mas gusto ko pa rin ang 'book' version...baka ndi ako 2magal sa audio, although i haven't really tried it ^_^

mistisangkalabasa said...

U gotta try, oks xa. Download na!