Monday, August 13, 2007

Fun Filled Weekend

Today's Thought: Rolfe Kerr's Personal Creed
Succeed at home first.
Seek and merit divine help.
Never compromise with honesty.
Remember the people involved.
Hear both sides before judging.
Obtain counsel of others.
Defend those who are absent.
Be sincere yet decisive.
Develop one new proficiency a year.
Plan tomorrow's work today.
Hustle while you wait.
Maintain a positive attitude.
Keep a sense of humor.
Be orderly in person and in work.
Do not fear mistakes -- fear only the absence of creative, constructive, and corrective responses to those mistakes.
Facilitate the success of subordinates.
Listen twice as much as you speak.
- taken from 7 Habits of Highly effective people, Stephen R. Covey


I've finished reading 'For 1 More Day' by Mitch Albom. What can I say, it's about death again. If you can talk to the dead long after their gone during your final day or a day you experienced severe trauma, why not. But I still like his first book - Tuesdays with Morrie. Read it three times and three times, it made me cry. As for the thought of the day, it's a nice motivation. Kinda like a personal mission statement. And yes, it's my current read and find it very interesting. When I accepted this job, one thing it gave me is my personal time and time to catch up on my reading. Yeheey! (Shouts the nerd)



As for my other part of the weekend, the gym opening was ok. Not sure if the girls here are just shy or they don't care about the 1month free price - but the events I'm supposed to join @the gym was cancelled bcoz we weren't able to complete the minimum 3 participants...too bad. But the Bodyjam release was jampacked and was held at the bbol court. So nice that a lot of pips really dressed up for the occasion. Just meant they want to win the best costume price - which was a towering grocery items, hahaha. I think they want us to eat more so we'll keep joining the gym. That's what I called 'balance life', lol ^_^. My housemate Carol won the best jammer award - she's a dancer in their college so no surprises here.

Ended my weekend dropping by the grocecy store and stuffing my ref with Sara Lee again. I am designating myself as a Sara lee cake critic (whatever, excuses) and see which flavor is the best.


Sidenote: The owner of the gym is an actor and fans from TW and HK flew to Brunei just to see him for this event. I inserted his pix, nakiki-fan, hehe. They say his group Fahrenheit is the next F4. I wonder if close sila ni Dao Ming Sui(?) Yes, I got caught in the F4 fever myself. Miss ko n nga, hehehe.

1 comment:

..JL said...

ndi ka nman macyadong bc ateh?
anu vah..roller coaster ka pa rin?!