Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rush Hour

"Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.” -Maurice Setter

It’s been a very hectic month of April for me but I have no reason to complain. On the contrary I love every minute of it. I wake up with the sound of beautiful music in my head and feel so light these days. Though there was a brief awkward moment and this happened when the boss asked for my passport for work permit re-chap and I had to tell them that it’s not with me at the time. I was supposed to give my notice letter on the same day but naunahan. So of course, they were caught in surprise and were aghast that I want to stay until 15th May only. Discussions ensued but not for long. They decided they will wait for my passport which was supposed to arrive that same week before finalizing everything. And sure enough, it came (with a hefty collect payment price). So it was decided that my last day in Brunei will be on the 30th April, earlier than I anticipated but I’m okay since I still have time to meet Jojo in PH, I can stretch my vacation until after May 18. Now I’ve finished all document deliverables and just waiting for my last project meeting. My garage sale is complete and my luggage is ready.

Since last week, I have been occupied with meeting up with friends. Thank goodness for internet we can still keep in touch and see each other’s adventures through the web. I just had open house with very tasty caldereta, Mimi’s mom’s specialty – chicken pandan and a humongous chocolate cake.



Saturday was shabu-shabu dinner at Fratinnis in Kampong Ayer - good food and ambiance that is uniquely Malay and Bruneian.

Sunday was late meryenda with a few gym friends.

Monday was delivery of last of my sale and sauna time for me. Carol is back in Brunei so we had late dinner with my fave Mango Fish. House guest was Mark, sitting in for the couple. Too bad Lucas is sick. Today and tommorow are last stretch for work hand-over. After that, its Manila baby! Hello traffic jam, noise pollution and air pollution but still, there’s no gimik life like Manila’s.

No comments: