Saturday, April 26, 2008

Importing Filipino Time

“Math tells us 3 of the saddest love stories. Tangent lines who had 1 chance to meet and then parted forever. Parallel lines who were never meant to meet. And asymptotes who can get closer and closer but will never be together.”


Les Mills Class Launch, my last launch class from FZ. And it had to be ruin by bad time management. They just could not agree on what time to start it. 6PM was the announcement but the first 2 classes started past 6:30PM and the third class started way before 6:20PM. That is such a bad customer service for me. It’s such a simple matter to organize a gym class event that I cannot fathom why they blundered on this one. So many members complain and I even heard some didn’t join the class because of this conflicting time schedule but I don’t think they really expressed it to management – it was all locker talk. For all the mishaps I witnessed during several events at the gym, I verbally relay it to the managers, instructors and receptionists. Most of these are Filipinos, in fact the gym is like 80% Pinoy staffed. So it was so heartbreaking to experience the repeated mistake amid the feedbacks I’ve already expressed to them. Trigger factor of my rant was when they did not want me to join a particular class because the dress code was red or/and white and I was wearing read & black. Why would I wear a gear that is far from the color code? Simply because the poster had the model wore my color and there was no announcement about the attire. Of course, they denied this saying they texted everyone. Well, clearly not everyone. And isn’t it a shame to refuse me to join the class when other guests – none paying participants (because the launch was for public and not restricted to members only) to join because of some attire code that I, a paying member of almost a year now, was not informed about? A Filipina receptionist lent me a white shirt which I wore and yes, I still joined the class though I was late. But I was steaming with anger. This should be the last of this mistake. I cannot take bad management sitting down and doing nothing especially if it affects me dreadfully. I wrote the management a very long email and they were kind enough to reply the following day. Now I’m at peace and have high hopes this will never happen again as the reply promised. It might reflect immediately to the Filipina manager but this has nothing to do with her personally. I like her as a kababayan, she’s fun to be with and is always the life of the party. But this is constructive criticism and I want to correct obvious mistakes. After all, it is a gym club and only positive energy is nurtured and welcome. No grudge please.

No comments: