Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Singleness

“Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.” - Maurice Setter

Four years after I submitted the documents for immigration (yes, I have long decided to be a citizen of another country), I finally got a reply. Talk about backlogs! I have heard so many people tell me that I should have gone through an agency so it will be faster and I’ll be guaranteed positive results. I at times almost believed them as I’ve heard a lot of people whose documents were approved before mine. Good thing I was/still am busy living life and enjoying the journey that I never felt bad that it’s taking too long. Well, maybe on bad days but I try to bounce back to the happy side asap, hehe. So, here I was trying to be a diligent OFW when out of the blue, the papers came. And the correspondence never stops. Updated documents here and there were requested. Kkapagod nga coz I have to process them in PH. Thank goodness for family and friends who helped but I still have to send authorization letters. One new requirement document baffles me and even made me snigger – Certificate of No Marriage or Singleness. It was the first time I’ve heard of it. Apparently, it’s a new certificate issued by NSO and is now a major paper requirement for my application. Panalo di ba? I have no qualms about it and when push comes to shove, I might consider laminating it for display on my office desk or facebook, might increase my chances of getting more dates… or I’m counting that people might simply think of me as looney, lol. Maybe it’s the government’s way of making sure Filipinos will have second thoughts about polygamy but I doubt if it’ll stop them from having kulasisi. Now nobody in PH can cry foul that their lover lied to them about their marital status. I just hope the immigration does not extend this requirement and make it like the police clearance they asked me for – 1 for each country that I lived in for a minimum of 6 months. That’ll be tough to gather and expensive. But I’m through submitting papers and my dear spring, here I go.

No comments: